Thursday, November 15, 2012

Job Hunt Update

Just checking in with a simple update for the job hunt.

I put in an application at Lowe's and w/in a day I was told they were "going to go another direction." Oh well. If they don't want me, that's their loss.

I have been checking daily on several websites for new job postings, including Workforce Services, LDS Employment, & USU off campus job board. So far I haven't come across anything I qualify for.

We had several people suggest Conservice as a good place to work, so I looked up their Job Board and submitted a resume for 2 positions. Today I go in for an Assessment Test for the Office Manager position.

This job would be great. It's full time, M-F 8-5, $10/hr starting, w/ full benefits. I would be able to use my people skills, my organization skills, etc. I would have to quit the job @ the school and that does make me sad, but sometimes we have to make sacrifices.

I know that I would do very well as a Receptionist/Secretary, personal or office assistant, or other office-type job. I've tried over and over throughout the years and haven't been able to get anything.  I know I can do this job, I just hope that they feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment