Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cross your fingers, and pray!!!!

This morning I got a phone call while I was at work. Normally I wouldn't answer my phone, but I kind of felt like I needed to. It was ICON Health & Fitness asking me to go in for an interview. I have filled out so many applications and submitted so many resumes that I don't really remember which position is for which employer. For some reason. I was thinking that this was for Office Secretary.

I looked it up after work and discovered that it was actually for an Administrative Assistant. I have just been applying everywhere that I seemed remotely qualified for so when I applied at ICON, I didn't really think it would go anywhere. I was quite surprised to get the call.

I went to the interview this afternoon. I still felt like I wouldn't really get the job, and wasn't sure I wanted to, so I wasn't as nervous as I was at my last interview. It definitely helped me be more relaxed. I'll have to keep that in mind. Maybe if I go into future interviews thinking it'll be great to get the job, but not expecting as much, I can handle them better.

Anyway, today I think I did pretty well. There is only one position, and I got the impression that they have a lot of people to interview, so my odds are slim; but I think the interview went well. As she described the duties of the job, I started to get more and more excited. I had a teacher I once worked for tell me that I should be an Assistant. She said that my skills in organization were perfect for the job, and the fact that I always kept her prepared, and kept ahead of the things she needed, were great skills to be an Assistant. I've never considered it until now.

This job would beworking for a Sales Manager who works with other company's (such as Sears, sports stores, etc) corporate offices with people who are called "Buyers." They are the ones who buy the sports equipment in bulk to ship to their stores. I would be in charge of communication through telephone, email and mail with the Buyer's Assistants getting things set up for meetings and such. I would keep track of the Manager's schedule, as well as planning meetings, trips, etc. Occasionally I would make travel arrangements, but quite often would make arrangements for the Buyers who come to Logan; things like accomodations, meals, snacks, etc.

This sounds so exciting to me; a little challenging, hard sometimes, and a little scary. I'm not sure what my chances are, but I might keep hoping for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment