Thursday, January 15, 2015

D.I. partnership interview tomorrow

Yesterday I was asked if I would be interested in a temporary partnership with an accounting firm in Smithfield. The job would basically be a Receptionist job. For those of you who don't know, the D.I. helps employees get experience through what they call partnerships: Employers call the D.I. and say that they need help with a certain job (sometimes it can lead to permanent employment, mostly not) and the D.I. recommends employees who need experience with said jobs. 

If I were to get this partnership, I would still officially be working for the D.I., but working at this accounting firm. It's a part-time job that would only last until the end of tax season, but would give me the official experience that I've not had. It would certainly look a lot better on my resume since the only job I've had that was similar was titled Customer Service Rep. All the other office-related jobs have been telephone or data entry jobs, or non-related with some experience using office skills.

Here comes the kicker: I have to interview for it tomorrow, and the other employee the D.I. recommended has been going to school in accounting! Talk about pressure! I know that I have a little bit of an edge because I have some experience and will be training in this area of work (i.e. Receptionist/Office Worker), but he has the edge because of his knowledge and training in accounting. Truth be told, I'm getting more and more nervous.

I know that I don't really have to be that nervous. I'm still working at the D.I., they're still going to help me get schooling in Office Administration Support, and my future doesn't hang on this job. However, I can't stop the anxiety. Right now, I wish I had some Kava Kava, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment