Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hopefully the last for now!

(Continued from Previous)
BY MID-September when Lee was getting ready to start @ NES (NorthEastern Services) I got a bit of inspiration. I hadn't gotten hired on for the year @ the school district but felt that I should call to see if there were any other positions available & was told there were.
Let me tell you how the next 7 days went:
FIRST, ON Thu. I picked up the application & turned it in on Friday. On Mon. Lee got his licence. On Tue. I was called in for an interview in the morning, told in the afternoon that I had the job as an ESL Aide @ an Elementary down the street, & started the job the next morning.
IN THE meantime, Lee had his interview Wed. morning & started training w/ me on Wed. night w/ his first shift on Fri. morning!
NOW I'M working the 2 jobs @ +50 hrs/wk & Lee just picked up another shift for a total of 32/wk & we still don't have any money! lol. Being able to take care of our needs ourselves makes it worthwhile, & once things settle down after Christmas we hope things will get better.

1 comment:

  1. wow that's great - the having jobs part - not the no money part. that's awesome that your school is just down the street

    ReplyDelete